Thread: Season 3, betting and betting techniques
posted by Dieser_Wombat, 2 years agoFinally, with Season 3 there are reliable standards of games played (bo1), as well as substitution rules and more. These fact as well as the weekly upcoming matches make it much more easy and reliable to bet on League of Legends games. One might argue, that betting in general is to risky and the average person does lose way to often. While it is true, that a betting platform can only exist when being profitable, which means
1. They earn more money with bets then they have to cash out
2. They have enough time to "work" with your money when deposited to your betting account.
But there are three factors that anyone who deeply is into League of Legends can exploit to generate "free money".
1. League of Legends and esport in general is fairly new to the betting scene, therefore there is much less data available to the betting platform. Therefore it can happen that there is a significant odds difference between the risk and the reward, which can be exploited.
2. Esport changes very quickly. There are just a few teams that generate constantly reliable results. That can be a pro as well as a con, but in general performance of teams changes much more quickly than statistics and data can show, if such an performance change occurs, you can exploit it.
3. The fact that you, as an League of Legends interested individual use most of your free time to watch streams, browse forums and reddit, gives you an information advantage over betting platforms. Such platforms mostly only gather Information of w/l, tournament results and stuff that can be quantified. You as a person can gather information that exceeds the quantitative data, and "collect" the data just by doing what you would do anyways.
Furthermore, it has to be said, in2LOL is perfect for gathering that data.
1. Before betting, i recommend to watch bets on in2LOL and look how the community voted for a certain game. Look up the last games of the Teams by simply clicking their names, see which teams they have good and bad results against and notice performance changes by the graphs displayed below.
2. I recommend to watch streams, therefore it is important to notice what the streamer says himself about training and training schedules. In general it can be said, more streaming equals less practice equals less performance.
3. Browse reddit and stuff to find out if one team plays with subs or arrives at a tournament just at the day the tournament starts. Gather the general atmosphere.
When betting on the betting platform of your choice, i recommend the following:
1. Split your risk. If you want to bet on several games, make sure you bet different combinations with smaller sums of money. Never bet small sums on only 1 game tho.
2. Don't let the greed win. If you "know" that one game will be a win in your favor, place a large sum on this game, rather than bet a small sum and add other bets to the slip to increase the odds.
3. Set yourself a cashout limit. (Mine is 100€, every time i reach this amount of money, i cash out 100€. The money that exceeds that amount remains on the account. If i lose it, i only deposit money again, when i "know" i will win)
On a personal note. I am positive by around 200€ right now and i bet like 60€ in 1-5€ bets on the first play day of LCS. Due to personal research and feeling, i would consider EG, Fnatic and Crs.na overrated and dignitas and CPH wolves underrated. I would not bet serious money on TSM and GIANTS, because it's hard for me to guess the state that they are currently in.
It would be nice to hear from your experience and which techniques you use in order to create maximum profit.
If you are not into betting atm and want to give it a try, but have some questions, do not hesitate to ask them in this thread.
/Please note that this content was not created by in2LOL staff. I cannot guarantee for the same high quality of writing and spelling.